Saturday, December 3, 2011

Review: Lady Gaga: Born This Way [B]


Artist: Lady Gaga
Album: Born This Way
Released: May 2011
Label: Interscope Records
Genre: dance pop

Purchase date: 26 May 2011
Format: mp3 files
Source: Amazon

I have to admit that I fell for Gaga's marketing ploy: for one week this album was available in mp3 format from Amazon for $0.99. What I was unprepared for was how much I really liked many of the tracks! The album is very uneven, with in my opinion, too many nods to early '80s retro-kitsch. But the tracks "Born This Way" and "Marry the Night" really carry it. I particularly like the "be true to yourself" message that suffuses the music, particularly in the title track.

So, a surprisingly enthusiastic recommendation for Lady Gaga's latest!

Rating: B+


Artist not available at eMusic

No comments: