Sunday, May 15, 2011

Top 15 of 2010

Okay-- I've now done it: I reviewed all of the albums I purchased in 2010!

I am going to keep going with album reviews, but I though I'd stop here (as it's now mid-May of 2011) and present my Best of 2010 list.

Most of these albums I have already reviewed, but there are a few I bought in 2011 and haven't written reviews yet. Rest assured that I will continue my little album review project, despite not really having any readers.

So, without further ado, here are my top 15 favorites released in 2010:









7. Mumford & Sons: Say No More




3. Agalloch: Marrow of the Spirit


...and my favorite album of the year...



I came up with the list based on a combination of factors including star ratings and play counts on iTunes, and a subjective gut reaction. This is far from scientific, as I changed the above line-up a bit from the one I'd put together three weeks ago, and I probably would do so again if I were to write this post in another two months. Suffice it to say, that all of the above albums are excellent, and I highly recommend them all.

(Links go to my reviews. I will edit this posting when I get around to reviewing the above albums that I hadn't at the time I wrote this.)

No comments: