Monday, March 21, 2011

All Tomorrow's Parties: Moved to NJ?

I had pretty much decided to attend this year's All Tomorrow's Parties festival. I was looking forward to spending a weekend grooving to cutting-edge music while enjoying the trappings of the decaying splendor of the Borscht Belt at Kutscher's Resort in Monticello, NY -- which is where the 2008, 2009, and 2010 festivals were held. The resort is only about two-and-a-half hours away from my house, so getting there would have been a breeze.

I had seen an announcement from the ATP site that they were throwing an I'll Be Your Mirror event in Asbury Park, NJ in late September (which is when ATP-NY usually is), but I had assumed that this was an expanded event.

Today, I finally got confirmation that ATP at Kutscher's isn't happening, and that the Asbury Park IBYM is this year's ATP-NY, and it's now sold out. I'm really kind of bummed out over this.

Oh well, I do have tickets to this year's Grassroots Festival, and it's a blast, so I will get my fix of music festivals this summer.

No comments: