Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Completed Project Paint-the-Bathroom!

Okay, it's been a while since my last post. I actually have an excuse this time: I have been spending just about every free moment since Election Day working on fixing up my bathroom. The project started out simple enough: scrape off the peeling paint and re-paint. I figured that it would just take a long weekend.

But it didn't.

To make a long story short, I found some problems with the walls, window frame, and cabinets. Removing the old paint and repairing the plaster took far, far, far more time than I thought it would. Hindsight being 20/20, it would have been easier to take a sledgehammer to the plaster-and-lath, strip the walls and cieling down to the studs, and then hang drywall. Oh well. Live and learn.

The really good news is that the project is finally done as of Monday night. I think it looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.

No comments: